- When we hear the word “preach” (e.g. 2 Tim. 4:2) do we immediately think of the Western cultural form of an expository monologue behind a “pulpit?”
- It seems the early church was commended for the participatory nature of their meetings (1 Cor. 14:26). DBS encourages participation in a way that the Western church model generally does not.
- Surely DBS does not preclude the need for teachers and preaching and proclamation. It just doesn’t need to take the form of a 30 minute sermon.
- I would imagine Paul would think that Bible learning is more important that Bible preaching.
- DBS and preaching don’t need to be thought of as mutually exclusive.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
by Warrick Farah
Labels: Discovery Bible Study