Friday, May 21, 2010

Religion (aka Moralism or Islam) vs. the Gospel

I like this chart from Justin Buzzard adapted from Tim Keller’s Gospel in Life: Grace Changes Everything.  (HT: Kingdom People)

Moralism (aka “Religion” in the above chart) is a disease that robs people of enjoying Jesus in the freedom he provides from the cross.  Perhaps Islam’s largest flaw is that it endorses moralism (see Islam is Guidance: A Complete Legal Code for Humankind).  But Muslims are not the only ones guilty of playing religion.  Sometimes I slip into this error when I take my eyes off Jesus.  So I need this chart to help me preach the gospel to myself as well as to Muslims.

1 comment:

Abdul Asad عبد الأسد said...

Warrick... AWESOME. I heard Tim Keller talk about this in Boston last year and it was revolutionary for me! So simple, yet so profound - that's the Gospel! It is so unlike the systems/religions of man (including "Christianity")!